The Congress will open officially on Monday May 6th, with the Opening Ceremony, but thematic courses and international teams will already be hard at work from May 3rd to 5th. From May 6th to 8th, a series of lectures, seminars and workshops will focus on the world of design and construction, in relation to works involving tunnels.
How about tunnel operations?
On Tuesday 7th May, there will be an ITA COSUF – Operational Safety of Underground Transportation Facilities session. A report from the two-day international Workshop on NEC in Road Tunnels, that took place in Utrecht earlier this year, will be one of the many presentations.
Other topics on the agenda are:
- Operational Safety from First Responders perspectives
- New IT Systems for Traffic Safety in Road Tunnels
- Risk diagnostic & monitoring tools in road tunnels
- Ventilation of tunnels and cross-passages of the Ceneri Base Tunnel and similar projects
- Reducing the monotonous design in the word ́s deepest and longest sub-sea road tunnel Ogfast
- Ventilation applied to fire safety in Metro Tunnels, Naples Line 1 Project
- How to Refurbish a tunnel: Shop open or closed?
- Civil engineering constraints on tunnel ventilation and safety
The congress has an overall strong focus on engineering and construction topics, and the event is considered the most important congress each year within these topics.
It is no coincidence that the city of Naples has been chosen to host the Congress. The city offers many historic examples of tunnels from as far back as Greek-Roman Antiquity and in recent years has demonstrated a significant capacity for using and enhancing underground spaces, adopting innovative solutions for excavation, and successfully combining archaeology, architecture and art in the award-winning Art Stations of the Neapolitan subway system. Toledo, Università and Garibaldi are just some of the most highly appreciated stations, glowing examples of how the combination of the Italian industry's construction know-how, the creative genius of international artists and architects, and the visionary capacity of a client such as the Metropolitana di Napoli, can guarantee a new and sophisticated reappraisal of the underground.
Location: Naples, Italy
Type of event: Global
Date: 03 - 09 May 2019