The award is ceremoniously presented and handed over by ITA COSUF chairman in the ITA COSUF General Assembly at the Conference on Road Tunnels, Operations and Safety in Lyon, 2nd of October 2018.
The award consists of a certificate and 1000 €. ITA COSUF also grants the travel and accommodation to attend the award ceremony.
The award winner is invited to present his/her work in Lyon. Additionally, he/she is asked to draft a 2‑page contribution for the ITA COSUF Newsletter and website. If the award winner is a team, only one team member (the team leader) is granted for travel and accommodation by ITA COSUF.
The winner of the award is selected by the ITA COSUF steering board. Eligible for the award are those works that are specifically aimed at safety or security of underground facilities in operation, preferably reflecting an interdisciplinary approach.
Among other criteria, the selected works should:
- describe new aspects in the area of safety in operation and/or security in underground facilities,
- have been completed for no more than two years before the time of the application,
- be of outstanding quality, including clear and concise descriptions of the objectives, scientific basis, work steps, results achieved and their relation to the current state of the art,
- be significant and represent a unique contribution.
Candidates need not be ITA COSUF members. Applications for the award must be sent to the ITA secretariat. They shall include:
- curriculum vitae (in English),
- description of work done in the field of safety in operation and/or security of underground facilities (in English),
- documents and publications produced by the applicant, any other document, certificate, etc. deemed useful to support the application.
The deadline for application is 30 June 2018 (receipt of the application file by the ITA secretariat). The selection of the winner will be made by the ITA COSUF Steering Board by 15 September 2018.
The ceremony and presentation
The award will be handed over during the ITA COSUF workshop which will take place during the ITA COSUF General Assembly in 2nd of October 2018, before the PIARC International Conference on Road Tunnel Operations and Safety Workshop, 3 -5 October 2018 in Lyon. The award winner will give a short presentation of his/her work during the General Assembly.
Read more: ITA-COSUF Webpage and award details