Oct. 2021: EURO:TUN 2021
Date: 27th to 29th October 2021
EURO:TUN 2021 is a follow-up conference after the four previous conferences and aims to provide a forum for scientists, developers and engineers to review and discuss novel research findings and to assess the suitability and robustness of advanced computational methods and information models for the design, construction and maintenance of tunnels.
Location: Bochum, Germany
Type of event: International
Main topic: Tunnel/BIM/3D modelling
EURO:TUN 2021 will be concerned with innovative computational concepts and strategies for optimised design and construction of tunnels. Topics to be addressed are:
- integration of computational and information models for tunnel planning and design,
- modeling of machine-ground and soil-structure interaction,
- numerical models for tunnel excavation, ground-tool interaction and face stability,
- process and logistics simulation,
- data driven modeling, machine learning, data mining, and expert systems in subsurface engineering,
- model-based design of lining systems,
- multi-phase and multi-scale models for soils and rocks and the temporary and permanent support in tunneling,
- procedures for parameter identification, and methods of inverse analysis,
- sensitivity analysis, uncertainty modeling and risk analysis,
- other related topics.
Beyond advances in computational methods for the simulation of the advancement process and soil-structure interactions, logistics and construction processes of tunnels, and model-based lining designs also advances in applications of information modeling, advanced sensing technologies, machine learning methods, and big data analytics in tunneling and underground infrastructure will be topics of EURO:TUN 2021.